Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back to School



I cannot believe my oldest child is a Freshman in highschool. I can't be that old... I mean it really hasn't been that long since I was a highschool freshman (well, ok, it has. It has been over 20 years, but still:)





We sent him to a different school than the one in our address area so that he would have more advanced and honors choices available to him his freshman year. He wasn't the happiest with the thought of going to a school where he knew no one. I think summer soccer conditioning, and making the JV soccer squad helped a bit. He seems to have enjoyed the first week, all be it a short week.

Our younger son is in 5th grade. . .his last year of elementary school. . .my baby is growing up. OK, so he would kill me if he heard me refer to him as, "my baby", but he is what he is. He seems to enjoy school, though he would rather be playing soccer or riding his bike. Go figure, he's a 10 year old boy.

Today, however is part of a long weekend. Granted, I am at work, but Greg has the boys off fishing at Deer Creek. Hopefully, they have a blast. Other than soccer, I think my two boys enjoy fishing more than anything else (well, eating may give soccer and fishing a run for the money for my 14 year old). At least we are all off on Monday. I don't care for fishing, so much, but we'll definately have to do something.



No comments: